First of all thanks for some great food inspiration to my colleague Pernilla!
Everyone wants good Friday food, right? Then you should try this recipe and experiment a bit with it.
– a muffins form
– a packet of puff pastry ( ideally with 10 or 12 square slices)
– 1 egg
– a bit of spicy oil, such as chilli oil
– some grated hard cheese with about 30-35 % fat (such as cheddar or here in Sweden “Västerbottenost”)
– some ingredients for a savoury filling (this is where you can be creative!!)
I had 10 slices of square puff pastry, and the fillings I chose to do where these two:
1. a bit of frozen whole-leaf spinach and about 5 slices smoked salmon
2. half of a sweet red peppar and 5 mushrooms, all finely chopped, and almost half a packet of herb cream cheese, such as Philadelphia.
How to put things together:
– preheat the oven to 220 degrees centigrade
– defreeze the puff pastry so that it is really soft
– prepare each compartment of the muffins form with a tiny bit of chilli oil. This will add extra taste and makes the pastries come out easier when they are ready.
– mix an egg in a cup, and then put a thin layer of egg onto each puff pastry plate.
– place the puff pastry like small cups into the compartments of your muffins form
– then place the filling into each puff pastry (I had smoked salmon and spinach in half of these, and then the peppars mixed with mushrooms and philadelphia cheese in the remaining ones)
– top each one of the pstries with one (or more) spoons of the grated hard cheese.
– you can choose to close the the puff pastry pockets or you can choose to leave them open. I closed them and then I put a bit of the egg on top.
– the remaining egg I mixed with some chilli oil and put it into one of the two remaining empty compartments of the muffins form.
Put the form into the preheated oven and let everything get ready, it takes about 15 minutes.
Take the form out and let it cool off about 5 minutes. Then lift each pastry out of the form a table spoon will help you. Serve with some fresh sallad if you like, or enjoy them as they are.
Very important – don’t forget to enjoy a glass of redwine with it! After all it’s Friday night! But they also work with other beverages or plain water of course.
ENJOY and have a LOVELY WEEKEND!